Sunday, December 14, 2008

Si Senor !

Tom, as usual, preached another good one. Tough one but good nonetheless. In light of what God did for us ... we shouldn't worry about what goes on around us. When you take into consideration what the first century christians were going through at the time ... nothing should really bother me but, ... it does. Sometimes I feel so unspiritual. I realize that spirituality isn't a feeling. Feelings are deceptive and also too closely tied to emotions ... duhhh ? ...

Last night was a nightmare as far as sound is concerned. It took me quite a while to get the circuitry figured for the lights. I only ran one-third of the show. I think I'll  try to do the whole show. The show minus the side-fills stinks. Laura came last night. She came over and talked to me for quite a while. I am becoming quite infatuated with her. I feel just like a pimpley 15 year old kid. I've never been a ladies man. She seems attracted to me and it's gotta be written all over my face whenever she's around. I ain't nervous but, I feel flush when I am anywhere near her ... including when I go to the shop. The smell of dogs makes me physically sick but I am drawn to go into the grooming area and smile at her. I think I said it before ... she is everything I am not. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me or ... not. I have frittered away most of my life. What would an impressionable lady see in me ? I don't have a pot to pi$$ in or a window to throw it out of.
Then there's that gal at church who I'm afraid of. We looked each other dead in the eye this morning but when it came time for fellowship ... we both ran in opposite directions. Maybe it's my imagination. I am preoccupied with having a partner ... then on the other hand I think about the last sentence of the last paragraph.
Tomorrow brings new mercies.

No comments:

Still Believe In the Theory Of Evolution ? ...